Show TimesTuesday - 11:00 am - 12:00 pmTuesday - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Each week presenter Piers Cunningham discusses a range of fascinating topics ranging from new apps for your smart phone, great websites we’ve unearthed and the latest gadgets through to human and robotic space exploration, plus podcasts from around the world.
We have regular guests talking about how to harness new technologies and the implications of the latest scientific thinking. Listeners are assured of finding something to whet their appetite for science and tech and point them in the right direction for further reading or study.
Piers Cunningham as a background in publishing and journalism while more recently he’s been occupied renovating houses.
His interests include music, film making, travel, space exploration and of course, given the subject matter of BI, science and technology.
- Shipping Advice For Online ShoppersWhen ordering a new laptop, John found some useful ways to ensure he got the exact model he wanted at a reasonable delivery cost. ShopMate is your best American parcel-forwarding friend amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "scienandtec04-20"; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; amzn_assoc_region = "US"; amzn_assoc_title = "Products mentioned on the podcast"; amzn_assoc_linkid... Read more »
- Weekly News From Beyond Infinity 20/2/18Our weekly news round-up: Sony’s new super cute Aibo robot dog on sale in Japan; How to use a 4WD to attract frenzied spiders; Space X’s Starlink microsats aim to bring low-cost internet to anywhere in the world; FAA investigating collisions between drones and larger aircraft amid rising safety concerns;... Read more »
- Beyond Infinity Show Notes 20/2/18Gadgets I played with Sony’s new Aibo robot dog, and I miss it already Drones New drone-meets-helicopter incidents may spur tighter airspace rules Australian DJI drone pilots forced to take quiz or face being grounded in national crackdown Space SpaceX’s first internet satellites now set to launch Wednesday Arachnids Spiders are powerless to the vibrations of 4WDs Security UK unveils... Read more »
- Large Apple Investors Urge The Company To Think Differently About KidsIn an open letter of January 6, 2018, JANA Partners and The California State Teachers’ Retirement System, a big teachers’ pension fund, pleaded with Apple to take steps to decisively protect young people from excessive use of iPhones. We discuss the issues of smart phones in the classroom, managing screen... Read more »
- Weekly News From Beyond Infinity 13/2/18Our weekly news round-up: Intel’s Shooting Stars provide spectacular Olympics Opening Ceremony drone show; Trump Administration weighs privatising International Space Station; Falcon Heavy success ushers in new era of competition in space; Social media bans pornographic face-swapping ‘deep fakes’; Equifax hack compromises more consumer data than first admitted; Chinese police... Read more »
- Beyond Infinity Show Notes 13/2/18Drones Inside the Olympics Opening Ceremony World-Record Drone Show Space The Trump administration wants to turn the International Space Station into a commercially run venture, NASA document shows The new space race: how billionaires launched the next era of exploration Social Media Websites move to ban pornographic ‘deepfakes’ Big Data The Global Heatmap, Now 6x Hotter Hacking Equifax Lost Even... Read more »
- SA Government And Tesla’s New Deal To Power Public HousingWith a view to driving down domestic power bills, thousands of homes will become part of a new virtual power plant. ... Read more »
- Doomsday Clock Ticks Closer To MidnightThe Bulletin of the Atomic scientists, including 15 Nobel laureates, has moved the minute hand 30 seconds closer to Armageddon. There are grave concerns over North Korea, NATO Vs Russia, tensions in the South China Sea, war in the Middle East, global failure to act effectively on climate change and... Read more »