In the coming months, Frankston Arts Centre will be producing a published anthology of stories, titled ‘Stories at the End of the Line’.
The publication will be an A5 softcover, professionally printed and available for loan and sale. The publication is an anthology of stories, written and submitted by members of the local community, about the time we went inside, we isolated and we were asked to stay at home.
We are looking to commission a local artist to create the cover for the anthology. Your artwork can be in any medium, as long as it can be reproduced on the cover of a book as a high quality scan.
The work should:
– Capture the spirit of the anthology – as a collection of stories about hope, isolation, family, engagement and friendship
– Contemporary and engaging
– Be able to be reproduced on the front cover as a single image or as a wraparound cover. The FAC will provide the graphic design for the cover (e.g., title, etc.) and will work alongside the artist to create a cohesive and visually appealing design
– Be appropriate for a community audience and be family friendly.
As the artist you need to:
– Live, work, study in the Frankston municipality or demonstrate a strong affiliation with the Frankston City municipality
– Be open to collaboration with the FAC during the creative process to ensure that the work produced best matches the vision and themes of the publication
– Provide an initial draft of the work, before producing the final work, to ensure it meets the requirements for publication.
The successful commission will receive an $800 fee for their work. The FAC will hold the rights to reproduce the work as part of related marketing collateral and other opportunities as agreed by the artist. The work will always be credited appropriately.
To find out more about this opportunity and how to submit your proposal, please visit the FAC website