The Mornington Peninsula Shire continues to monitor developments and receive advice from all tiers of government and expert stakeholders regarding COVID-19.
For the latest information on novel coronavirus in Victoria, visit the Department of Health and Human Services website: dhhs.vic.gov.au/novelcoronavirus
Temporary closure of community services and facilities due to Coronavirus
Following the declaration by the Victorian government of a State of Emergency in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic the Shire has made the following decisions to ensure the safety of our community. To protect our community, particularly those who are more vulnerable, and do our part to flatten the curve of this pandemic, we are postponing, cancelling or modifying delivery of non-essential services, programs, events and activities.
- Koala Forum
- Free plant giveaway at The Briars
- Autumn School Holiday Programs at The Briars
- March Mt Martha Briars Market
Changes to opening hours and services
The following Shire services and facilities will be closed from Tuesday 17 March 2020.
- Libraries in Mornington, Rosebud, Somerville and Hastings, and the Mobile Library
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery
- Leisure Centres: Pelican Park Recreation Centre, Civic Reserve Recreation Centre and Somerville Recreation and Community Centre
- Tourist Information Centre in Dromana
- The Briars Visitor Centre and Nursery