Neighbour Day: Sunday 29 March 2020
Neighbour Day is Australia’s annual celebration of community, encouraging people to connect with those who live in their neighbourhood. The principal aim of Neighbour Day is to build better relationships with the people who live around us, especially the elderly and vulnerable. Neighbours are important because good relationships with others can help prevent loneliness, isolation and depression.
Frankston City Council is seeking to help residents located within the municipality get to know each other better on Neighbour Day (Sunday 29 March 2020 or any time around then) by supporting you to host a get-together with your neighbours on your front lawn, in your street or in a local park.
How to enter
Interested in hosting a get-together for your street? Frankston City residents are invited to apply for a $100 BBQ pack.
- Download the application form (675KB)
- Invite members of your street and gain (minimum) five signatures of support
- Return your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into a Frankston City Council customer service office by 12pm Friday 13 March 2020
- Winners will be notified by phone on Thursday 19 March 2020
- BBQ packs will be available for collection on Saturday 28 March (11am-12pm) in Frankston
- Host your street BBQ on Neighbour Day: Sunday 29 March 2019 (or close to this date!)
Applications close at 12pm Friday 13 March 2020
Please contact Frankston City Council community engagement team for more information:
P. 03 9768 1629