The township of Somerville has been eagerly awaiting the new look Coles store to re-open it’s doors. On Wednesday, 10 September at 7am the wait was over! And to help celebrate the new look Coles, RPP FM local radio presenters and personalities celebrated with a live broadcasting on Saturday.
Happy local shoppers experienced a new look fresh produce area, a new Bakery with bread baked daily on the premises, a new deli offering a wide variety of gourmet delicacies and a fresh meat section.
RPP FM presenters, starting with Tahlia from the Netball Show, Toe Punt Kelly from The Footy Show and Bob Phillips & Judy Banks-Phillips from Sugar & Spice led 4 hours of fun and entertainment throughout the morning live broadcast on 98.7FM.
Pete Smedley, presenter of The Breakfast Scoop and Debra Mar, presenter of The Breakfast Table handed out $50 vouchers to lucky shoppers who spoke on air about their new look Coles shopping experience.
Bob & Judy interviewed Coles Somerville Store Manager, Greg Simpkins and discussed how excited Coles staff and local customers were to finally see the new look Coles completed. “It’s great for the local community to have choice and variety in the new look Coles store with long opening hours for convenience. We have also created 10 new jobs to meet customer satisfaction,” he said.
Rob Wilson, State Marketing Manager at Coles also spoke to Bob & Judy sharing his pride around the new look Coles stores which are currently being rolled out across the Mornington Peninsula.
Local talented 13 year old singer ‘Fox’ sang a Sam Smith song ‘I’m Not The Only One’ live and Matt Ball, Martial Arts Instructor from Somerville Marital Arts Centre spoke to Pete Smedley, who is also a local marital arts instructor, about the passion of teaching kids and adults martial art skills.
Ways YOU can experience the new look Coles in Somerviile:
- Fruit and vegetables are delivered fresh every day. Now that’s fresh!
- Fresh meat in the meat department is 100% Australian and 96% of the fresh fruit and vegetables is Australian grown, proudly supporting local Australian suppliers and farmers.
- A gourmet delicatessen, complete with olive bar and fresh cheese selection, will provide shoppers with a range of new products to sample. Customers can also select from a wide range of pre-packaged deli meats, dips and antipasto products from the ‘deli-on-the-go’ cabinet.
- For those interested in freshly-baked bread rolls and sweets, as well as a newly-extended gluten free range, Bakery Manager Nevena Rapajic and her team of seven in-store bakers now offer baked goods for any occasion.
- The deli treats are sliced fresh for you, just the way you like it. Let the Coles Deli team put together platters for entertaining that are the fresh, tasty and a convenient way to cater for your next function.
- Discover a big variety of authentic Italian and Greek products in store, as well as a range of Indian, Asian and Mexican foods.
- The existing ‘Scoop and Weigh’ cabinet will remain, filled with a huge selection of nuts and dried fruit mixes, perfect for those lunchbox and work-day snacks.
As Coles celebrates its 100th year as an Australian-owned company, Somerville store customers will benefit from the great weekly specials and new product lines.
Come down and check out the great re-opening specials Coles has in store this week, located at:
49 Eramosa Rd
Open 6am to 10pm, 7 days a week.
Words Debra Mar
Photography Rab Siddhi
Pictured: Coles Somerville Store Manager Greg Simpkins, Pete Smedley RPP FM personality and presenter of The Breakfast Scoop program and Bob Phillips & Judy Banks-Phillips, presenters of Sugar & Spice program.