In the RPP FM studios Friday, a sense of excitement swelled around the corridors as Jacki Mitchell, presenter of Taking Care of Business (TCOB) took to the airways for the 50th time!
TCOB, is a didactic business program that’s about communicating and imparting expertise, skill, experience and knowledge and true-to-form Jacki celebrated her 50th show pumped with her regular panel who shared their top 5 tips in their area of business expertise.
- Richard Goldsmith of CarrollGoldsmith Lawyers Mornington shared his top 5 legal tips
- Finance adviser to TCOB John Ross from Ethos Financial Advisors provided his top 5 finance tips
- Toby Travanner gave the 1% ‘ers that make a difference to your business in 5 easy tips
- Business Times Sales Director Marg Harrison, discussed past 5 top stories in the monthly business magazine publication
- Grant Arnold involved in e-commerce shared his top 5 e-commerce tips
- Master of MC & Exhibiting Expert Warwick Merry gave his top 5 tips of engagement with people
- Christine Heart-Savage from Breathe for Life gave us top 5 tips on stress management
- The Young Digital Group owned by John Young told us his top 5 digital tips
And Jacki also shared her top 5 tips she learned across her 50 shows:
1. System – every successful business operates on systems eg., managing social media, customer complaint systems
2. A Team – marketing, finance, distribution are skills – get help
3. Entrepreneurs (e-preneurs) – networking is a key business tool
4. Body Language – look for 3 clues
5. Lazy People are good for showing you shortcuts – then move them quickly to new tasks.
A luncheon was provided in the RPP FM ‘Captain Dick Cox’ Boardroom to commemorate the moment. It also was an opportunity for Jacki to thank her regular guests and sponsors who support and believe in the program to make it what it is today.
Station Manager, Brendon Telfer proudly presented Jacki with a beautiful bunch of flowers adding her contribution to RPP FM has been extraordinary producing and hosting an award winning program.
Jacki hastily responded by saying TCOB is about learning and sharing ideas. She explained she does her best to make a dry subject entertaining which has helped make TCOB the success the program experiences today. “Every week the program gets better & better,” she said as she thanked the people around her who make it all possible.
If you missed this week’s sensational show listen to the podcast on rppfm.com.au website.
Taking Care of Business broadcasts live every Friday 11am to 12noon and covers the Best in Business sharing their successes, failures, lessons, inspiration and ideas. Follow Jacki on https://www.facebook.com/tcob.rppfm
Turn your dial to 98.7FM or 98.3FM Frankston, streamed online at rppfm.com.au or via the app – IT'S A NO BRAINER!
TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
EVIEW REAL ESTATE PARTNERS
Words by Debra Mar
Photography Rab Siddhi
Pictured: LEFT: Jacki receiving her gifted bunch of flowers from Station Manager Brendon Telfer. RIGHT, L-R: Richard Goldsmith of CarrollGoldsmith Lawyers, Business Times Sales Director Marg Harrison, Eview Mornington Peninsula Principal Jarrod Carman, Ethos Financial Advisor John Ross, TCOB host Jacki Mitchell and Young Digital Group owner John Young.