After RPP FM studios relocated from Moorooduc to their new home in the former Mornington High School building some three years ago, local Rotarians got behind the project to help build the new vibrant studio that stands now.
The RPP FM signage was recently erected bearing the words ‘The Home of RPP FM – your Peninsula radio’ and is positioned proudly with the Peninsula Community Theatre electronic board on the corner of Nepean Highway and Wilsons Road, Mornington. The signage will enable the community to easily find the premises and promote the station.
What RPP FM offers the community and beyond: (click on program details on our website homepage for list)
- A wide variety of programs that support the community 24/7
- News updates, local and worldwide, weather and traffic updates
- Live weekly sports coverage including RPP FM Match of the Day in the MPFNL and MPCA Cricket Club games
- Live coverage of music festivals and community events
- Music covering all genres
- Entertainment programs catering to all ages
- Lifestyle programs
- Cultural programs
- A reach that extends across the Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne and outer metro areas and the Bellarine Peninsula.
- Potential listening audience of 240,000+
- Live stream all radio programs
- iphone & android APPs
- Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RPPFM
- Passionate volunteers
- Supports performing artists in the State-of-the-art BlueScope Performance Studio for recording purposes
- Accommodates mixed media forums, radio plays and TV productions.
Above all, we are the voice of local communities, businesses, organisations and fundraising foundations.
Station Manager, Brendon Telfer is proud of what his professional team have achieved adding, “Our capabilities, technology and broadcasting expertise rival any top radio station as we continue to move forward to be the best community radio in Australia.”
For RPP FM to continuing supporting the community, the station needs the community to support it. You can help by becoming a paid-up member – details are on the website or contact Ellice or Noela in the office on 5975 2650.
If you are a business on the Peninsula and would like to contribute by signing up as a sponsor, contact Sales Manager Martyn Ashton at the station.
Now you know where RPP FM is, all are welcome to pop in and say hi to the team.
Support RPP FM – SO MUCH MORE THAN A RADIO STATION!
RPP FM – Your Voice on the Peninsula
98.7FM & 98.3FM Frankston
Words Debra Mar
Photography Rab Siddhi
Pictured: L-R: RPP FM presenter of The Breakfast Table Debra Mar, presenter of The Breakfast Scoop Pete Smedley and Station Manager, Brendon Telfer