RPP FM local radio entertained the close knit community of Balnarring this week with a Live Outside Broadcast at Two Sams.
Balnarring & District Community Bank® Branch sponsored the broadcast and Two Sams provided space in the Balnarring Village Restaurant for the broadcast.
An enthusiastic line up of local community guests were invited on The Breakfast Scoop program hosted by Pete Smedley and Ange Robinson starting at 6am and then at 9am those custodians of entertainment and fun, Bob Phillips and Judy Bank-Phillips, hosts of Sugar n’ Spice continued the live broadcast until 11am.
The Breakfast Scoop featured local Sean Willmore, Founder and Director of The Thin Green Line Foundation who spoke of the work they carry out to support families of Park Rangers killed protecting endangered wild animals and the upcoming fundraiser on 1 August. The Thin Green Line and RPP FM have formed a media partnership which the station is very proud of.
We laughed, we cried and were in awe of Cath Haylock who spoke of the amazing support and love from the local community who rallied around her young family when her husband passed away recently. She urged everyone to attend The Winter Family Fun Day, a fundraiser for Balnarring Occasional Care this Sunday, 27 July.
Pete & Ange also rolled with guests who sang live including local and talented Brad Kennedy and Fox Jarret. Dotted throughout the 3 hour program, regular guests appeared on their weekly segments including Brother Ray’s Surf Report proudly to you by The Dava Hotel Mt Martha and AFL Tips with ‘Bluey’ proudly brought to you by Studio 3 Fitness, Cooking with Ange was proudly brought to you by High on Fruit & Gourmet on Main in Hastings, the Fishing Report with Paul ‘The Tracker’ and Mark ‘The Planet Saver’.
Bob & Judy left no stone unturned during their program Sugar n' Spice interviewing:
– Bron, one of the many advocators for the Balnarring Village Common spoke passionately about the upcoming Town Meeting on 2 August to help save the Common and the AGM on 19 August.
– Then Branch Manager of Balnarring & District Community Bank® Branch, Jason Symonds explained the Branch starts and finished with the support of local communities which enables the bank to give back to the community and Heather Goddard added her comments on the Community Bank model advising even with the day of electronic banking, customers still want face to face service.
– Followed by CEO of the Transport Friendly Society, Derek Cafferty and owner/spokesperson for The Mornington Retirement Village who explained the positive side of growing old in a retirement village and government changes to Aged Care seminars being held on 31 July.
– Lily Bendevi enlightened us about the Somers Winter Market on 9 August.
– Leigh Eustace, Red Hill Ward Election Candidate was given the opportunity to share his childhood memories growing up in the Balnarring area and what it means to him to protect what the locals feel is blissfully theirs.
– Live music was provided by young local singer/guitar player Ben Janz & Chloe De-Haas.
RPP FM Management and team members wish to thank Jason Symonds of Balnarring & District Community Bank® Branch and Sam from Two Sams for their support and encouragement and to the local Balnarring community and their participation and enthusiasm. You made us feel at home.
We thank our sponsors, media partner and supporters:
Balnarring & District Community Bank® Branch
The Mornington Retirement Village
High on Fruit, Hastings
Gourmet on Main, Hastings
Studio 3 Fitness, Hastings
The Dava Hotel, Mt Martha
The Thin Green Line Foundation
And to Steve Meyers, Production Manager and all presenters. A job superbly done.
RPP FM 98.7FM & 98.3FM Frankston
Your Voice on the Peninsula
Words Debra Mar
Photography Rab Siddhi
Pictured: Left – Ange and Pete, The Breakfast Scoop listening to Cath Haylock's heartfelt story. Right – Bob & Judy interviewing Derek Cafferty, CEO of the Transport Friendly Society talking about an upcoming seminar held at The Mornington Retirement Village covering government changes to Aged Care.
Written by: RPP FM Helper